Hard Love Rock

HARD LOVE ROCK

I heard my heart screeching like a subway train
loudly enough to remind me it was still human
loudly enough to hurt     but telling me still
you were a ghost I had
better left in the cradle
telling me still
our tracks ran around
instead of straight out past the sewers
and I would have nothing for barter left
not even the print of love's grain
pressed into my flesh
from our wooden cross
splintered and shapeless
after the slaughter.

And when it was over
only pain.

Audre Lorde, 1968

*
PIEDRA DE AMOR

Oí mi corazón chirriar como un tren subterráneo
lo bastante alto para recordarme que aún era humano
lo bastante alto para doler     pero diciéndome aun así
que eras un fantasma que tendría
que haber dejado en la cuna
diciéndome aun así
que nuestras vías corrían en círculo
en lugar de rectas entre el alcantarillado
y no me quedaría nada que intercambiar
ni siquiera la huella del grano del amor
machacado contra mi carne
en nuestra cruz de madera
astillada y deforme
tras el sacrificio.

Y cuando paró
sólo dolor.
traducción de Torres Ruiz